Monday, November 23, 2009

Taking The Smart Board A Step Further

After I attended the Smart board workshop, I wanted to look up some other websites that could possibly expand on the information that Christine Paige so kindly shared with me on Thursday night...

I know that she said how great it would be for all subject areas in school, and she showed us how you can actually dissect a frog on the smart board without all the chemicals and grossness, but how can you really use it for other subjects more specifically?  Frog dissection is great for science...but what about math, english, and history?

I think that perhaps I would have done better in a class like math if I had a Smart board when I was in school. I always thought that math class was so boring in school. It always seemed to me that math class always went the same way. 1) warm up 2) review 3) review homework 4) new lesson 5) new homework...and then at the end of the unit, a test, and sometimes frequent quizzes. Yeah, it is structure, but it gets boring after a while. Using a smart board for math, I think would have made my math experience more exciting.

Hopefully, as future teachers, we can improve the learning experience for our future students. Especially in subjects like math. We should try and collect all the resources we can, to try and take advantage of the Smart board, we have the technology available to us now, we might as well use it!

Heck, some schools even have games you can play using these boards! How fun.

I hope Smart boards end up making it into every classroom. I know that I would be excited to have one.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure anything would have made me better at math. Not even a PlayStation!

    ReplyDelete