Monday, November 30, 2009

The Technology I Want: A Round Up

My intention today was to post some new and exciting information about technology in the classroom.

But, I just can't seem to keep my head in the classroom today. Just like any average student, I have my off days. I just can't focus. Maybe I spend too much time online, instead of studying...

The holidays have me all out of wack. My stomach is full of turkey and wine, and sitting on the couch watching football in my sweat pants sounds like heaven.

So that is exactly what I have been doing. But in my fit of laziness, technology still plays a role in my life. I didn't even realize how bad I wanted some of the new technology. I am just like today's students, technology is fun, no wonder it is so hard to pay attention in school sometimes.

My mom just asked me today what I wanted for Christmas. Not that I want to think about Christmas already, it is still November. Yet, part of me is greedy, and loves gifts as much as a five year old.

I started thinking of things that I might possibly want Santa to bring me this year. The first thing I thought of was the Keurig coffee machine. As a college student, I drink a lot of coffee. It keeps me going at all hours of the day. The problem is that, I hate making coffee. It never tastes right. It might have something to do with my lack of knowledge in the cooking department of my life, but nothing tastes as good to me as fresh coffee, that somebody else made. This coffee machine though, is what I would call technologically advanced. It's amazing. It makes the coffee for you, all you have to do is buy these single cups that already have the coffee measured out in them, and put them in this coffee machine. It makes a fresh cup every time. I know that this is coffee at it's extreme laziest, but it's amazing what technology can do for a fresh cup of Joe. And frankly, I wouldn't have to stop and buy coffee every day if I had this. It's an expensive machine, but I think it would be worth every penny.

The second thing I really want is the Droid cell phone. I can't even describe how cool this thing looks. The Droid Does everything you could ever want your phone to do. It has a big screen, awesome video and audio features; it's got a ton of accessories and applications. I mean, it's beautiful. I want it. Please Santa, I have been good.

The third thing I really want is a GPS for my car. I am the girl driver that always gets lost the first time going somewhere new. This is never fun, because I always end up wasting gas, and time. Two things I cannot afford to lose. Yet, there are so many of them, I don't even know which one to get. I think I need help understanding the different specs on these things. If Santa just brought me the Droid, I'd be all set. That awesome phone has a GPS built right into it. Santa could save money, and his elves wouldn't have to make so many things.

I also really want a plasma television. More specifically: Sony 52 inch Plasma 1080p. How awesome would this piece of technology be on game day? I am going to say pretty awesome. I really don't think that the LCD televisions have as a great a picture as the plasma's do.

I guess I should have gone shopping on black Friday. Everything I want is expensive technology. I guess I will have to do some bargain hunting.

I wonder if the price of technology is going to keep rising...I am worried that schools soon won't be able to afford technology to make learning interactive and fun.

I know that I probably won't get any of these beautiful technology devices for Christmas, as my family isn't rich.

But a girl can sit on the couch in her sweats and dream...right?

I love technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment